Are you planning a visit to Zion National Park? One of the most important aspects of planning a trip is finding the right place to stay. With so many options to choose from, it can be overwhelming to decide where to stay in Zion National Park. This guide will provide you with a comprehensive overview of lodging options in and around Zion, including the best hotels, vacation rentals, camping options, and camper van rentals.
In this guide, we’ll discuss the top factors to consider when selecting a lodging option and provide recommendations for the best places to stay near Zion National Park. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious hotel or a cozy camping experience, this guide will help you find the perfect accommodation for your trip, ensuring a memorable and enjoyable visit to one of the most breathtaking national parks in the United States.
- Things to Consider Before Selecting A Lodging Option
- Where to Stay in Zion National Park: Top 4 Options
- Our Final Thoughts on Where to Stay in Zion National Park
Things to Consider Before Selecting A Lodging Option
There are plenty of things that should be considered before selecting a place to stay for your Zion adventures. Six of the most common are location, budget, amenities, room types and sizes, accessibility, and reviews.
- Location: Consider the location of the lodging option and how it relates to your travel plans. Do you want to be close to the park entrance or in a nearby town? How will you be traveling to and from the park?
- Budget: Consider your budget for lodging and what you are comfortable spending. Keep in mind that prices may vary based on the season and availability.
- Amenities: Consider the amenities that are important to you, such as a pool, hot tub, free breakfast, or Wi-Fi.
- Room types and sizes: Consider the room types and sizes available and what will be best for your group or family.
- Accessibility: Consider if the lodging option is accessible for those with mobility limitations, for instance, are there elevators, wheelchair accessibility, or any additional services they might need.
- Reviews: Look at reviews from other guests who have stayed at the lodging option. Reviews can provide valuable insight into the lodging’s cleanliness, service, and overall quality.
By considering these factors, you can narrow down your options and find the best lodging option to suit your needs and preferences.
Where to Stay in Zion National Park: Top 4 Options
In this section, we’ll highlight the top four lodging options in and around Zion National Park, including hotels, vacation rentals, camping options, and renting a camper van. We’ll provide information on the best options for each type of lodging and the factors to consider when making your decision.
\Whether you’re looking for a comfortable hotel, a cozy cabin rental, a camping adventure, or the flexibility of a camper van, we’ve got you covered.
Best Hotels Near Zion National Park
If you’re looking for comfortable and convenient accommodations near Zion National Park, there are several excellent hotel options to choose from. Here are our top five picks:
- Zion Lodge – Located inside the park, this rustic lodge offers a variety of room options, a restaurant, and easy access to hiking trails. It’s a top choice for those who want to experience the natural beauty of Zion while staying in a comfortable setting.
- Cliffrose Springdale – A luxurious hotel located just outside the park, the Cliffrose Springdale offers beautiful rooms and suites with stunning views of the red rock mountains. Its outdoor pool and hot tub, restaurant, and location near restaurants and shops in Springdale make it a standout choice.
- Desert Pearl Inn – A charming boutique hotel located in Springdale, the Desert Pearl Inn offers spacious rooms with private balconies or patios, an outdoor pool and hot tub, and a convenient location just outside the park entrance.
- Cable Mountain Lodge – This comfortable hotel in Springdale offers spacious rooms with kitchenettes, an outdoor pool and hot tub, and a fitness center. Its convenient location and free shuttle to the park entrance make it a top choice.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Springdale/Zion National Park – This convenient and comfortable hotel in Springdale offers modern amenities such as an outdoor pool and hot tub, a fitness center, and a complimentary breakfast. Its location just outside the park entrance and within walking distance of shops and restaurants makes it a great choice for visitors.
Each of these hotels offers a unique and comfortable experience for visitors to Zion National Park.
Vacation Rentals and AirBnBs Near Zion
If you’re looking for a more private and unique lodging option near Zion National Park, vacation rentals and AirBnBs can be a great choice. Here are some of the top vacation rentals and AirBnBs in the area:
- Red Rock Retreat – This beautiful vacation rental in Springdale offers stunning views of the red rock mountains, a spacious living area, and modern amenities such as a full kitchen and outdoor hot tub.
- Zion Canyon Lodge – This cozy cabin rental located just outside the park entrance offers comfortable accommodations for up to six guests, with a full kitchen, fireplace, and outdoor grill.
- The Painted Buffalo – This beautiful AirBnB located in Virgin, about 20 minutes from the park, offers a unique and luxurious experience for guests with its stunning views, modern amenities, and beautiful decor.
- Serenity Ranch – This spacious and peaceful vacation rental in La Verkin, about 30 minutes from the park, offers a relaxing setting with a private pool and hot tub, and plenty of space for large groups or families.
- Desert Escape – This beautiful vacation rental in Hurricane, about 40 minutes from the park, offers a comfortable and luxurious setting with a full kitchen, outdoor hot tub, and beautiful views of the surrounding area.
Each of these vacation rentals and AirBnBs offers a unique and private experience for visitors to Zion National Park.
Best Camping Options In and Around Zion National Park
Camping in or near Zion National Park can be an excellent way to immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the area. Here are some of the best camping options in and around Zion National Park:
- Watchman Campground – Located inside the park, this popular campground offers stunning views of the red rock cliffs and easy access to the park’s many hiking trails. The campground has over 170 sites, with amenities such as showers, laundry facilities, and a dump station.
- South Campground – Another campground located inside the park, South Campground offers more than 100 sites, with easy access to the Virgin River and nearby hiking trails. The campground has limited amenities but is known for its peaceful and natural setting.
- Zion River Resort – This private campground located just outside the park offers a range of camping options, from tent sites to RV sites with full hookups. The campground features amenities such as a pool, hot tub, and laundry facilities.
- Under Canvas Zion – This glamping site located just outside the park offers luxury tents with king-size beds, en-suite bathrooms, and private decks with stunning views of the surrounding mountains. The site also features a communal lounge area and a restaurant.
- Gooseberry Mesa – Located about 30 miles from the park, this campground offers primitive camping sites in a stunning and remote location. The campground is ideal for those who want a more secluded and rugged camping experience.
Each of these camping options offers a unique experience for visitors to Zion National Park, from the convenience of a private campground to the rugged and remote experience of primitive camping.
Renting a Camper Van for Zion Explorations
Renting a camper van can be a great way to explore Zion National Park and the surrounding areas at your own pace, while enjoying the freedom and flexibility of the open road. Here are some of the top camper van rental options for exploring Zion National Park:
- Lost Campers – This rental company offers affordable and fully-equipped camper vans for rent, with locations in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Salt Lake City. The vans include a queen-sized bed, a kitchenette, and camping gear.
- Escape Campervans – This popular camper van rental company offers unique and colorful vans with all the amenities you need for a comfortable and memorable road trip. Their Salt Lake City location makes them a convenient option for exploring Zion and the surrounding areas.
- Jucy Rentals – This rental company offers quirky and fun camper vans with distinctive green and purple designs. The vans include a queen-sized bed, a mini-fridge, and a gas stove. They have a location in Las Vegas, which is about a 3-hour drive from Zion National Park.
- Road Bear RV – This rental company offers a range of larger RVs and camper vans for those who want more space and amenities. Their Las Vegas location makes them a convenient option for those exploring Zion National Park and the surrounding areas.
Each of these camper van rental options offers a unique and fun way to explore Zion National Park and the surrounding areas.
Our Final Thoughts on Where to Stay in Zion National Park
Zion National Park is a beautiful and awe-inspiring destination with a wide range of lodging options to suit every type of traveler. Whether you prefer a luxurious hotel, a cozy vacation rental, a peaceful camping experience, or the freedom of the open road in a camper van, there’s a lodging option that’s perfect for you.
By considering the factors discussed in this guide, such as location, amenities, budget, and reviews, you can choose the lodging option that best fits your needs and preferences, ensuring a comfortable and memorable stay.
We hope this guide has provided you with valuable information and insights into the best places to stay in and around Zion National Park. Whether you’re a seasoned outdoors enthusiast or a first-time visitor to this spectacular national park, we’re confident that with this guide, you’ll find the perfect lodging option for your next Zion adventure.